Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Focaccia-cia-cia

I <3 King Arthur Flour. I've been stalking their website for the last few years. I love their store in Norwich, Vermont. I exclusively use their flour. I'm obsessed with their recipes. I came across their No-Fuss Focaccia bread a while ago and at that time, bread and yeast were a big mystery to me! I made dinner for friends a few weeks ago and decided it was time to test out this puppy. I found their directions to be a bit confusing, but head on over to their site because they blogged about the bread as well. I actually chatted online with their bakers hotline people who confirmed the directions were confusing!

No-Fuss Focaccia
King Arthur Flour

1 1/2 cups warm water
3 tablespoons olive oil (plus additional for drizzling)
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
3 1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1 tablespoon instant yeast
4 teaspoons Pizza Dough Flavor, optional
1/4 cup Vermont cheese powder, optional
Pizza Seasoning, optional
~1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Italian Seasonings
Garlic Powder

Directions
1) Lightly grease a 9" x 13" pan, and drizzle 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil in the bottom.

2) Combine all of the ingredients (I added in 1 tbsp of olive oil-- the amount left over from drizzling the pan), and beat at high speed with an electric mixer for 60 seconds.

3) Scoop the sticky batter into the prepared pan, cover the pan, and let it rise at room temperature for 60 minutes, till it's become puffy.

4) While the dough is rising, preheat the oven to 375°F.

5) Gently poke the dough all over with your index finger.

6) Drizzle it lightly with olive oil, and sprinkle with pizza seasoning, and/or the dried herbs of your choice, if desired.

7) Bake the bread till it's golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes
8) Slice into pieces and serve with dipping oils. I made up a dip with olive oil, chopped garlic, italian seasonings, parmesan & red pepper flakes. Enjoy!!

dsc02615

dsc02633

2 comments: