Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Building a Nest: The End

Thank you for sticking with me for all the baby shower posts! One of the projects I was most proud about was the sugar cookie favors. I spaced this project out over the week prior to the shower. I found a few ribbons at AC Moore that had all the colors that I was planning on using.

Sunday evening, I baked the sugar cookies. Monday through Wednesday I decorated them and Thursday I bagged and tied them. I think they came out pretty good-- I added 1/2 tsp corn syrup to my royal icing-- based on the bakeat350.blogspot.com recommendations. It added a bit of gloss to my icing. I'm not a huge fan of corn syrup but I am not sure what else to use to get a bit more shine in the frosting. One batch of frosting was a little shy of frosting 2 batches of sugar cookies... but I made it last though!
Each package got one square cookie and one of the three bird cookies (orange, blue & green).

DSC03946



Here they are, packaged & ready to go!
DSC03951

And that's a wrap!

No comments:

Post a Comment